WHAT IS A Donor Advised Fund (DAF)?
A donor advised fund (DAF) is a type of giving program administered by a third party that allows you to combine the most favorable tax benefits with the flexibility to easily support ServingHIM. It is created for the purpose of managing charitable donations on behalf of an organization, family or individual. DAFs are becoming an increasingly popular charitable vehicle, and are an excellent way to both simplify your charitable giving and facilitate your strategic philanthropic goals. DAFs allow donors to give cash, stock and other assets where the donor receives an immediate tax deduction when the contribution is made, but can grant specified amounts to the charities of their choice at a later time.
How it Works
- CLICK HERE to establish your DAF by making an irrevocable, tax-deductible donation to a public charity that sponsors a DAF program
- Advise the investment allocation of the donated assets (any investment growth is tax-free)
- Recommend grants to qualified public charities of your choice
Advantages of Donor-Advised Funds
Donor-advised funds provide a number of benefits that direct donations to a charity may not, including:
- Tax-efficiency– Contributions are tax-deductible and any investment growth in the DAF is tax-free. It is also easy to donate long term appreciated securities, eliminating capital gains taxes and allowing you to support multiple charities from one block of stock
- Simplifies Giving – The DAF sponsor organization handles all record-keeping, disbursements, and tax receipts.
- Immediate Tax Deduction – The donor receives an immediate tax deduction when the contribution is made, but can grant specified amounts to one or more charities of their choice at a later time.
- No start-up costs – There is no start-up cost to establish a donor advised fund. However, there may be a minimum initial charitable contribution required to establish the DAF.
- No transaction fees – Once approved, 100% of your recommended grant goes to your qualified public charity of choice.
- Anonymity if desired – Donors may choose to remain anonymous to the grant recipient
What Can Donor-Advised Funds Do for servinghim?
DAFs provide an easy, flexible, low-cost method of giving which supports our mission of bringing hope and healing worldwide. These gifts will help bring lasting change and impact the lives of the families we reach through our dental and medical clinics and community outreach programs in Romania, Moldova, and Guatemala.